What we do
Inland Waterways Development Association of Nigeria(IWDAN) is a Non Governmental, Non Partisan and socio-economic organization formed by well meaning Nigerians from various ethnic and religious divides of the 28 member States of the federation, whose purpose is to promote conservation, development, restoration, maintenance and use of inland waterways.
Our Vision and Mission
To be a virile campaigner for the Waterways Development via sensitization and value reorientation of communities in the member States and the business operators in view of expanding and protecting our Inland waterways economically.
Vission To bring to birth a new world of thriving and growing network of sustainable Inland waterways that is safe and habitable for us all.
OUR BOARD GOAL Our goals is to promote sustainable development through the member States, to collaboration with the Government to ensure compliance of inland waterways rules and regulations and to create an enabling environment for business out fits to thrive.
- To partner with the Government in ensuring that operators comply with the inland water ways Act. In order for Government to deliver on her responsibilities towards the inland waterways communities.
- To protect the cultural and environmental rights of inland waterways communities.
- To play advisory role to the Government agencies, operators in the industry and inland waterways communities in order to control excesses that lead to economic sabotage, human right abuse and environmental pollution.
- To support the Government in the campaign for adequate security of life and properties in our inland waterways communities and the nation at large.
- To assist the Government to monitor, control and report environmental issues within and around our inland waterways (communities), such as flooding, erosion, pollution, illegal Waterways activities and wreckages etc.
- To foster synergy among stakeholders in our inland waterways and business environment.
- To serve as a link to ensure safe and conducive environment in other to build strong relationship between the Government and inland waterways communities.
- To champion the course of promoting socio economic activities, infrastructural and capital development and youth empowerment in our inland waterways, strive towards making the waterways attractive, robust and viable via genuine regular stakeholders inter face.
- To promote awareness of the need to engage stakeholders meaningfully on issues of their corporate social responsibilities.
- To encourage Government and relevant agencies see reasons to fully explore and maximize the benefits inherent in our inland waterways.